Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chocolate Frosting

Growing up the only frosting I knew came out of a plastic jar, and it was good. Then I met my husband... his mom MADE frosting. What?!? This didn't come from a jar??? Oh baby it was good! I was hooked! It really is so much better and better for you. I said BETTER for you not GOOD for you. The frosting from the store is full of partially hydrogenated oils and chemicals I can't pronounce. There is a good chance most of you already know this little secret, but hopefully at least a few of you who are in the dark as I was will see the light at the bottom of that little plastic jar.


4 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 stick butter, softened (not warm or melted)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 pinch of salt
milk, to desired consistency

Combine all ingredients except milk. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.

*Photo from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment